Anyone who has ever shopped for a blender has heard of the Vitamix. They are pricey but they simply can’t be beat when it comes to quality and versatility. Not only does it blend, but it chops, makes ice cream, and even mills grains.
A Vitamix is more than a blender. It’s actually a way of life. If this isn’t enough to convince you to purchase one, here are more reason so you can understand the “Why Buy A Vitamix” question.
1. You can get off the processed food band wagon and easily prepare fresh and healthy foods. This machine is so easy to use. The parts switch in and out and it cleans up easily. All you have to do is dump the fresh ingredients in and let the machine do the work for you.
2. You can blend whole fruits and get the most out of them. Simply clean the fruit, chop it into large pieces, and let the machine do all the work. Add a little bit of yogurt and some water and you have a fabulous fruit smoothy.
3. This is an American made product and the company stands behind with a seven year warranty. Complete the registration process after purchase and if there is a problem, they will work with you until you are satisfied. They can do this because they make a very reliable machine that simply doesn’t break down.
4. You can use it to make a fantastic frappuccino at home. Select the setting for that fabulous crushed ice and drop in your ice cubes. You’ll have to brew the espresso separately.
5. You can grind your own flour from wheat berries, brown rice, or even garbanzo beans. Fresh flour adds a fabulous taste to baked goods and home-made dishes. Who knew it could be so easy?
6. Love soup but hate the clean up and the time involved? You can have a steaming bowl of soup in under 15 minutes. You shouldn’t be asking why buy a Vitamix. You should be wondering why you have waited so long!
7. A Vitamix doesn’t take up much room in your kitchen. In fact, once you have this work horse, you can clear out the shelves and throw some of your old appliances away. It does so many different things that you won’t need anything else in your kitchen except a plate and some utensils.
8. It’s exceptionally easy to operate. If you do have problems, the manual is very easy to understand. They even add a recipe book to get you started. Try a few of their recipes to start and then branch out to make up your own special concoctions.
Why buy a Vitamix? It is made using durable stainless steel blades that stay sharp for years. The sturdy base won’t jump around on you and the lid fits on securely to keep you safe while you cook. This machine doesn’t come cheap but it will last you for years.
Vitamix 5200: Legend Or Myth?
I don’t know about you, but I have run through half a dozen cheap blenders in the last couple of years. I don’t think that I misuse them, but the motors just seem to burn out after a few months. After adding up all of the money that I spent on cheap blenders that didn’t ever work well and stopped working at all after several weeks, I decided to invest in a better machine.
Yes, the Vitamix 5200 is expensive at over $400 on sale. But if you add up the price and inconvenience of buying inferior machines for $50 or $100 blenders that break often, I figured it would be worth it if the machine really lived up to the hype. When I found out that this machine could actually blend ingredients enough to make soup, I figured it could also replace the functions of other machines that I might have purchased too.
What The Vitamix 5200 Does
If you want to make smooth drinks like smoothie, you will probably find that hard ice is tough on motors. This machine handles this very well. If you would like to introduce more fresh produce into your families diet, this is a great way to do it. You can make all sorts of juices and smoothies this way.
Another good use for the machine is making your your own nut butter or hummus. I like to make my own peanut and almond butter because I can control the ingredients. It takes a few minutes to get the consistency I like, but this blender does the job. The only problem I have is that it can be tough to scrape all of the mixture out of the jar, and I wonder why the company doesn’t work on that.
I also find that this is a great tool for making soup. If you want to make something like broccoli and cheese soup, you can just put the ingredients in the jar. If you plan to make something with hard vegetables, like potatoes, I would suggest cooking them first.
One thing that you might not know is that the friction of the blades can actually make your mixture hot. This is great for making soup, but if you want to make cold smoothies, you should be careful about blending the ingredients too long.
What The Vitamix 5200 Can’t Do
I already mentioned that the design of the jar is not idea. If you are making something sticky, like nut butter, it can be a trail to get the ingredients out of the jar. The Vitamix 5200 can do this job, but there should be better solutions. I understand that some other competitive blenders actually have nut butter jars that are intended for this use. You might also be able to purchase additional types of containers for different uses too.
So this machine seems best at making food like soup, smoothies, or juices that are easy to pour out of the jar with out needing any extra scraping. If you also want to try your hand at stickier or thicker types of food, you might want to consider a different product. That has been my experience with the Vitamix 5200 anyway.
What People Are Saying About The Machine
People are mostly raving about this machine, though almost everybody says it is pretty pricy. But since the motor holds up very well, it may actually turn out to be an economical decision in the long run. In some cases, it can also replace a food processor and other tools, so if one machine can do most things you need, it is probably worth the price.
Why You Should Buy The Vitamix 5200 With A Warranty
If you are going to spend over $400, you will want to be sure that you are satisfied with your purchase. Sometimes the only way to know how you will like the blender is to try it out. In my opinion, it is better to find a good warranty. In fact, you can even find the Vitamix 5200 with a 7 year warranty. With my past experience, if the machine lasts for that many years, it would be worth it over buying and replacing several cheaper blenders.
Is The Vitamix 5200 A Good Value?
This is the machine that most professional kitchens have, and there is a good reason for that. It has more power and durability than most other blenders or food processors on the market. Furthermore, it is a versatile machine that can save you time and replace the functions of other electric kitchen tools.
If you are at the point where you are frustrated with cheaper and less powerful machines, the Vitamix 5200 can be a good value. You actually can purchase different containers for different uses, and this might solve the problem with sticky items too.